Search This Blog

Showing posts with label hazzm. Show all posts
Showing posts with label hazzm. Show all posts

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Kurdish girl jailed in UK for supporting the Kurds War against ISIS

I know I am not the only person that can see that the West's alliance with #Turkey is hampering our fight against ISIS. Because of this alliance the UK has jailed and prosecuted someone who wants to fight ISIS. Yet the UK has treated her as a terrorist. We need to take support the Kurds in their fight against ISIS. The allies armed militant Islamist groups like Hazzm, Jabhat al-Nusra, Islamic Front, Army of MujahedeenJaysh al-ShamFree Syrian ArmySham LegionAjnad al-Sham Islamic Union, and others.

Yet we can jot arm and aide the Kurds who are not Islamist? This is nuts and the World should be pounding on the doors of their governments asking what the hell are they thinking? Are they really that afraid of upsetting their precious allegiance with Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Turkey?

- Ian Bach



The independent UK
Silhan Ozcelik: 'Disgusting' trial for young kurdish woman who tried to fight against Isis
A teenager has appeared in court after allegedly trying to join Kurdish fighters battling Isis in Syria, in the first prosecution of its kind in Britain.
Campaigners condemned the prosecution of Silhan Ozcelik, 18, from London, as “disgraceful and disgusting”, however. Ms Ozcelik’s appearance at Westminster Magistrates’ Court followed her arrested at Stansted Airport in January after returning to Britain on a flight from Germany.
The teenager is accused of travelling to Brussels in October last year in a bid to join the guerrilla army in the Kurdistan Workers’ Party – known as the PKK. The organisation is on the Government’s list of banned terror groups.
Ms Ozcelik is charged with: “Engaging in conduct in preparation for giving effect to an intention to commit acts of terrorism contrary to section 5 (1) (a) of the Terrorism Act 2006.”
In pictures: The rise of Isis
She spoke only to confirm her name, age and address during the short hearing, and was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey next month.
Late last year, when it emerged she had gone missing from her London home, her brother Engin said: “We are 100 per cent sure she has gone away to carry out humanitarian and charity work and not to become a fighter against [Isis].”
As Ms Ozcelik was led away from the dock yesterday she smiled and appeared to mouth “It’s OK” to her brother, who was in the public gallery. Mark Campbell, a pro-Kurdish rights campaigner, described the case against the teenager as “disgraceful” and said: “I almost have no words for how angry I feel.” He added: “These charges should be dropped immediately and this girl should be released.”
Mr Campbell claimed the prosecution “clearly seems to be linked” to the news last week that former Royal Marine Konstandinos Erik Scurfield, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, was the first Briton to have been killed fighting against Isis in Syria.
“It’s a political thing from the British Government because they are concerned that more British people are expressing support for the Kurds’ fight against Isis, because they don’t want to upset their [fellow] Nato member Turkey,” Mr Campbell said. “That is absolutely disgraceful and disgusting.”
Even if the allegation is true, “her only motivation was to fight Isis”, he added. “What jury is going to convict somebody who has expressed a desire to defeat this modern day fascism?”
While hundreds of Britons are thought to have joined Isis, a growing number are joining the fight against them – mainly within the ranks of Kurdish militia. Up to 50 Britons may have gone to Syria to fight against Isis and President Assad’s regime, according to Dr Afzal Ashraf, a counter-terrorism expert at the Royal United Services Institute.
And amid mounting concern over the growing number of foreign fighters on both sides, former Prime Minister Tony Blair warned yesterday that Western governments have not fully grasped the scale of the threat posed by militant Islamism and need to be prepared for a “long haul” to defeat it.
“We have not yet understood the depth of this problem, and the need for a comprehensive strategy to deal with it,” he said. “It is not just Islamic State in Iraq and Syria... It is happening day in and day out – there are thousands of people losing their lives every few weeks

Here are links to more articles regarding this insane injustice
Here  and Here


Monday, March 2, 2015

FSA group Hazzm disbands US TOW missiles now in Jihadists hands

U.S.-backed Syria rebel group dissolves itself after losses



Western-backed rebel group announced on Sunday that it had dissolved itself and joined a larger Islamist alliance, weeks into a battle which saw it lose ground and men to more powerful al Qaeda Nusra Front insurgents.  The group was called Hazzm and is one of the last non-jihadist rebel groups in northeastern Syria who are opposed to President Bashar al-Assad. Much of northwestern Syria has been seized by the Nusra Front and Islamic State, an offshoot of al Qaeda that controls roughly a third of Syria.

The statement posted online by Hazzm said its fighters would join the Shamiyah Front (Levant Front), an alliance of Islamist brigades in Aleppo, to prevent further bloodshed, between rebel groups. The decision came after heavy fighting this past weekend between Hazzm and the Nusra Front, al Qaeda's official Syria wing. Hazzm is one of Obama's so called moderate rebel groups known as the Free Syrian Army or FSA. 

Hazzm had received substantial amounts of military aid from foreign states opposed to Assad, including U.S.-made anti-tank missiles known as TOW's. But it has lost ground to better armed and financed jihadists, like al Nusra Front.

On Saturday, the Nusra Front drove Hazzm out of a strategic northern Regiment 46 base in Aleppo province and killed around 30 of its fighters. 

The United Nations peace mediator Staffan de Mistura met with Syrian officials on Saturday and Sunday to discuss a freeze in the fighting in Aleppo. De Mistura said Syria has ready to halt all aerial and artillery bombing in the city for six weeks. Damascus will announce the start date of the local ceasefire. His office said on Sunday a mission has been sent to Aleppo to ensure humanitarian aid could increase significantly, and to monitor any violation of the freeze. However we have already heard from rebel groups who say they will not honor the ceasefire.

The Hazzm Movement (Arabicحركة حزم‎, Harakat Hazzm, meaning Movement of Steadfastness[3]) was an alliance of moderate Syrian rebels.[1] The group has been supplied BGM-71 TOW anti-tank missiles[12] in a covert CIA program launched in 2014, scores of the groups fighters also received U.S. military training in Qatar under the same program.[13]
Some of the groups currently involved in the alliance were part of the Farouq Brigades.[12] The groups that became the Army of Mujahedeen were originally going to join the Hazzm Movement.[14] The previous incarnation of the group, called Harakat Zaman Mohamed (The movement of the time of Muhammad), was supported by the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood.[14]
In October 2014, Al-Nusra Front began attacking positions of Hazzm in Idlib Province, overrunning bases and seizing weapon stores, due to it's perceived closeness to the United States.[13] Following the loss of men and weapons to Nusra, the Idlib branch of Hazzm stopped receiving funds from the CIA in December 2014, funds to the Aleppo branch continued.[15] In January 2015, Al Nusra attacked Hazzm Movement positions in Aleppo province. The Hazzm Movement reacted by joining the Levant Front, a large alliance of prominent Aleppo-based Islamist rebel groups; the alliance urged al Nusra to resolve its dispute with the Hazzm Movement by negotiating with the Levant Front.[16]
On 1 March 2015, after several heavy clashes with the Al-Nusra Front, the Hazzm Movement announced they were dissolving and joining the Levant Front.[2]