Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Reason: A Muslim's Perspective on Nick Gisburne's Quotes

http://mystilleef.blogspot.com/2007/02/muslims-perspective-on-nick-gisburnes.html
Nick Gisburne posted a video on YouTube disparaging the Quran as a cruel book. His video got him banned and sparked intense debate and opinion on the Internet. You can find the video here. The video is a slide of "paraphrased" quotes "supposedly" taking from the Quran. Nick claims these are quotes from the Quran. I claim Nick is clever. Nick took many quotes out of context, misquoted several and distorted some. I have little reason to believe this is accidental. It seems his intention was to show the Quran, Islam and Muslims in bad light. I am a Muslim. I feel obliged to weigh in on the issue.

In the interest of time, I'm going to focus on two of the several quotes Nick claimed are direct quotes for the Quran. I'm going to show you how Nick took these quotes out of context and distorted the message of a book over a billion individuals consider sacred.

Nick's Quote:

1 comment: