The first link will also lead you to various related video interviews and includes an interview with Petraeus on 3-1-2004
I have been very discouraged and have begun to hate watching Charlie Rose. Mr. Rose has a bleak picture in his view of Iraq and I don't think one interview with Petraeus will change it anytime soon. But I was proud to see General Petraeus's interview and his responses to Charlie's hard hitting questions. I recommend anyone with a pro or con view watch the interview. It should be available online at the above link for a while I hope. No matter what your view is you will learn a lot about the current dynamics and events taking place. Also I think General Petraeus hit all the correct points about Iran that need to be addressed. As I have said before the nuclear program is hindering the financial state and future of Iran. IranĂ¢s economy has seen increasing inflation within the past few years and it is on the verge in some respect of this perhaps becoming a long term problem for Iran. Iran has a large population of young people who will need jobs soon and I think Petraeus has a good take on the problems Iran faces in the near and distant future relative to their actions abroad and inactions at home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a Video interview with General Petraeus with CBS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Vp1Eq2QY0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.army.mil/-links/2007/08/17/4477-gen-petraeus-interview/
Gen. Petraeus Interview
Aug 17, 2007
BY Soldiers Radio and Television
Petraeus, Crocker Discuss Iraq Assessment | |
| Army Gen. David Petraeus and U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker discuss their Iraq war report, as Democratic leaders call for a speedy troop withdrawal and President Bush prepares to make a prime-time speech Thursday. |
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/military/july-dec07/petraeus_09-12.html
------------------------------------------------------------------
More Interviews incoming soon..........
No comments:
Post a Comment