Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Michael Yon - From front lines of Surge

Hello all from Ian Bach,
I have mentioned some of Michael Yons work here a few times in past articles. You may want to sign up for his news letter it will let you know when he has new articles and I have included a copy below of what his News latter is like get one a week maybe so it's not spamming your email. I wish I had time to read all the articles I missed a few on his embed with the British Troops.
As reported by Mr. Yon the more we liberate towns and cities that were or are Al-Qaeda strong holds we have seen and are hearing savage stories of how inhumane these so called Holy warriors are nothing more then butchers with no heart or soul and Islam has been and will continue to distance themselves from these mad men. Having said what most already could have assumed I hope you take time to read some of Michaels writings from the front lines in Iraq.
Note the **** below is from a story he is talking about how Rush Liimbaugh took the ball and ran with.- Ian bach
Greetings:

In Baqubah Update 05-July-2007, I included an anecdotal report from an Iraqi official here in Baqubah about al Qaeda ***** and ***** to their families. I made no further comment as to the veracity of the report, which readers will see had very few specifics.

However, in the context of al Qaeda savagery, the evidence of which is seen daily as our soldiers clear Baqubah and other areas of Al Qaeda, the report is not surprising.

I write these words only about 3.5 miles from a mass gravesite I recently visited where the remains of ********* were buried along with the ****************. That grim discovery was the focus of "Bless the Beasts and Children."


Since that time, the news and debate has spread around the world. For instance, the radio mega-heavyweight Rush Limbaugh read part of the Baqubah Update dispatch to American listeners yesterday.

Each retelling of the story adds flourish and personal commentary to the simple words I wrote from here in Baqubah. Please refer back to my source document for the truth of the original reporting.

Whether the story of al Qaeda ******** is true or not, I do not know. However, I do know that since the attack on al Qaeda in Baqubah on 19 June, the citizens of Baqubah are very happy, markets are opening, and there has been practically zero fighting in the last couple of weeks. For the latest, please read "Second Chances".

Sincerely,

Michael Yon

No comments:

Post a Comment